Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nothin' but "awwwww"

James loves these snacks. "Nack, peez," he asked sweetly. I started to open the package and give him some. "No. Nack, peez," he said patiently, holding out his hand for the container. The package was almost empty, so I handed it over. He ran to the piano, of all places, and climbed up. He put the package up near the music rack, and turned to the spot next to him on the bench. "Baby seat," he said. "Is that a seat for the baby? Well, okay," I said, and seated Genevieve beside him. (She, too, loves to play the piano.)


James rummaged around in the package and took out some pieces. "Baby nack," he informed me.





Then he put the pieces in between the piano keys, near Baby Genevieve's spot. He didn't eat any of these. "Baby. Nack," he told her.







She willingly indulged.




Only then did he reach in and grab his own handful.


Yeah. Mommy's heart melted.


He even repeated the whole process so I was able to record it in pictures.



2 comments:

geisme said...

What a cutie pa-tootie! good blog title.
-Gail

The Domestic Goddess said...

That's great you got it in pictures. Tater hugged Baby in a truly affectionate way the other day and I was bummed I didn't get photographic evidence of siblings being kind to one another.